Monday, June 6, 2011

The Weather Isn't the Only Thing Gray Around Here

A few weeks ago I was braiding my older sister's hair and noticed she had a couple gray hairs. I was a little shocked since she's not quite thirty yet. She was all "Oh yeah, I've had some gray for awhile..." all nonchalant and whatever. So it got me thinking (see: obsessing) if I have any gray hairs. I looked and saw nothing, asked my husband if he saw anything: nope.

Then the other day I was sitting in my car putting make up on. I looked in the mirror and behold what did I see?!

A GRAY HAIR!!

You know what I honestly think? I focused so much on if I would get a gray hair, my body responded and grew one.

I suck.

You know who else sucks? Our new neighbors.

Oh yeah.

Our seriously crappy old neighbors moved out (actually were kicked out--they were that crappy), and were replaced by people JUST. LIKE. THEM.

They smoke outside my front door. They BBQ at 9 o'clock at night. Play their music super loud all day long and into the night. They have a dog thats even louder than the old neighbor's dog, that will probably poop on only our lawn like the last one. And they've only been here TWO DAYS. No wonder I'm getting gray hair.

Don't worry, I'm going to go look at a house today and hopefully we will be out of here by the end of this month.

Pray for me.

4 comments:

  1. I have awful neighbors too! This morning they were out chainsawing down a tree at 5:30am. Because that's normal.

    (And I've had gray hairs since I was 22. You're not alone!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to do a post about gray hair, too. I went from nothing, to like a million of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't blame you for wanting to move. NOTHING so annoying as crappy, loud, inconsiderate neighbours.
    We have about 40 new neighbors right now (see how I fluctuated from Canadian spelling to American..did ya)......anyway, they are just cows. I can deal with that. We lease out some of our land.
    A gray hair.....that's the nice thing about being blonde, they don't show up so much, but oh yeah, they are there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have WHITE hairs. Seriously. Pure white. And I have for about 2 years now. And I'm 29. It's depressing.

    And I'm sorry about your neighbors. That is the worst.

    ReplyDelete

I'm mysteriously judging whether or not you're going to comment or not...you know you want to.