Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Yup, I'm Talking About Hair...Again

So I cut my hair a week and a half ago. It didn't quite turn out how I wanted but its not a big deal. I guess I was hoping for more of a change, but it just doesn't look that different.

So I went out and bought a box of hair dye. I know I should have gone to a professional, but I really just can't afford to pay someone $70 when I can buy a box for $3. I even talked to my friend who's a hairdresser and she showed me the color of hair dye I should buy and told me just to do it myself if I wanted to save money. So I went and bought some.

I was really nervous. When I see other people with the color hair I wanted, I really like it, but trying to picture myself I just couldn't do it. I was afraid I'd look totally weird. But I finally mustered up the courage and I DID IT.

This is how it turned out:



Does this look red/auburn to you?! Nope, it pretty much looks exactly what my hair normally looks like, with a slight reddish tint when the bright light hits it. I would never look at my hair and think "Oh she has red hair!" Nope, its brown. Stupid dark brown that doesn't want to be dyed.

So now I'm angry and annoyed and I think I'm just going to chop it all off short and dye it blonde. And its going to work even if I have to fry my hair to do it.

10 comments:

  1. I wonder if your hair is too dark to take the color? That happens to me sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chop it off! Thanks to your last hair post I decided I was done with long(ish) hair and chopped mine. Ahhhh, the freedom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the exact opposite problem! No matter what color I put in my hair, it looks red! I have to go way, way dark to avoid being a redhead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have exactly the same problem. I honestly would lovet to dye my hair red but it NEVER WORKS. If you figure out a way, please let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually think it is very pretty. I do see the red tint. I think you have beautiful hair and I LOVE the color. I'm sorry it didn't turn out the way you hope it would though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your hair is cute, but then I've never seen it before. I've decided I'm not coloring anymore, I'm going gray! I've decided to just be me and like it. I still want a good cut so it looks nice, but I'm done with color!!

    Sorry the red didn't go like you wanted, but hey I really like the color that it is! It looks natural and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. First off, you always remind me of my mother 30 years ago (which is a huge compliment). I mean you look like her. She did henna back then and it worked awesome.

    So try henna.

    ReplyDelete
  8. well.........YOU LOOK LOVELY of course....but it certainly did not go red like the box.
    hair issues can be such a pain sometimes.

    We women want GOOD HAIR.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Michelle that can no longer post under my gmail accountJune 21, 2011 at 8:06 AM

    Um, yer pretty. I know the "it won't die red" conundrum all too well. It really does take a professional to solve that problem. Whenever I tried red on my own (in High school) it never worked right, but as as adult when I had my hair guy do it, it worked. However the red professional red faded within a month or two. It's kind of not worth the trouble. Try a yummy dark chocolate brown. That would be fun. You're gorgeous anyway.

    June 21, 2011 8:04 AM
    Um, yer pretty. I know the "it won't die red" conundrum all too well. It really does take a professional to solve that problem. Whenever I tried red on my own (in High school) it never worked right, but as as adult when I had my hair guy do it, it worked. However the professional red faded within a month or two. It's kind of not worth the trouble. Try a yummy dark chocolate brown. That would be fun. You're gorgeous anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like your hair now. Honestly.

    ReplyDelete

I'm mysteriously judging whether or not you're going to comment or not...you know you want to.