Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I Like Everything But I Like The Computer Best

Hi guys. Yup, I'm posting two whole days in a row! Can you believe it?!

Anyway, I was contacted by the bloggers who started Blossoming Bloggers and was asked if I wanted to do a Lunch Bunch post. All it is, is sharing a recipe and a prompt question. You can click over there to see the recipe, the question I asked was:

"Do you make time for hobbies and interests outside of being a mom and how do you do it?"

I'm supposed to write an answer to it as well, but I'm more interested in knowing how you guys make time for your interests--thats why I asked the question! heh

Since I have about a million and one interests (I'm easily amused....look a butterfly!!), I try and stick to things that are beneficial to my family (like decorating my house for cheaper than buying stuff) or things that I truly love so that the time I do use away from my family is worth it.

I've always liked photography, but never had an opportunity in high school or such to pursue it much, after I started having kids, I was of course taking pictures of them as much as possible. I've always loved art and drawing and painting, but to pull out supplies is messy and the time it takes to paint can be ridiculous when you have small children. Photography is instantaneous for the most part. *Click*--you have art. Its sometimes hard to go back to drawing, even though I miss it. Besides the fact that photoshop also fulfills that artistic need I have. One thing I've done this year to encourage my photography hobby was to join a 52 week project, each week we get a new prompt and have to take a picture for the theme within the time frame. Its fun because its not just pictures of my kids and it stretches my imagination, I've loved it. (If you want to check out my project, you can go to my photography blog here.)

I have lots of interests that I've put aside until my kids are older, like quilting and serious sewing and I mentioned painting as well. One of the interests I find doable with little kids is reading, we can even do it together sometimes! I made it a goal to read 50 books this year and will be finished with that goal within two more books. Exercising is another interest of mine, although I've fallen in and out of that so much. My husband and I started doing the "Insanity" work out, I got about four weeks into it, without seeing very good results. My goal now is to just do something active every day with my kids, and hopefully that will be a good start.

My biggest interest is the computer, so I encourage growth in that area by spending as much time as humanly possible on it... And I'm interesting in being extremely rich, but just haven't quite got it down yet.

Alright then, obviously since this is all about me, I could go on and on... :) But really, let me know how you make time to grow your talents and keep your interests...well, interesting!

4 comments:

  1. Now that all my kids are grown and on their own.....I have lots of time for myself. See what you have to look forward to (if you survive raising your kids, tee,hee)

    Since moving here, I have to re-think my hobbies and interests. I used to like going to the gym, but no gym where I live. And loved going to all the football games.
    So I read.
    Learning to horseback ride.
    bought the college football team package so I can still see some of my games.

    I really need to find some interests for these long winter months lurking ahead. Groannnnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do struggle to find hobbyies. I feel like I waste away my free time instead of doing anything productive. You inspire me though. You find time to do all sorts of things even though you still have little kids home all day. I think I just need more practice at this whole mothering thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And apparently I didn't know if the word was "hobbies" or "hobbys" so I just smashed them together. Maybe I'll make spelling my new hobby.

    ReplyDelete

I'm mysteriously judging whether or not you're going to comment or not...you know you want to.