Friday, January 14, 2011

Good Thing That Baby Is Cute

My 8 month old is sick. He's had a very low grade fever that dies down during the daytime and comes back at night. You know, when we're SUPPOSED to be sleeping. And because it comes with a runny nose that makes breathing difficult, no one is getting much sleep.

Well, let me take that back. The other kids are sleeping just fine. For the most part, the husband is sleeping just fine. Its the baby and ME. Emphasis on ME thats not sleeping well. Of course I feel sorry for the baby, but he get to take naps all day while I walk around like a zombie. And really I have to be inside my own head and I really feel sorry for myself when I have to deal with myself on little to no sleep. Did that make sense? I TOLD YOU I HAVEN'T BEEN SLEEPING MUCH!

I get cranky when I'm tired.

I decided this morning that I shouldn't be allowed to mother before noon-ish. I'm just not a morning person and it really isn't fair to the children to have to be around me before then. I wouldn't mind sleeping in either.



If you guys are here visiting this week from Regarding Annie, thanks for stopping by, hope you stay for awhile!

For my great friends who already know me, I won a little contest Annie was having and she linked to my blog all this week. Thats what the line above is about. Don't be jealous, I love you the most.

Thanks for the links Annie, google analytics says I went from a mere 30 visits (on a good day) to over 100! Wowsers.

9 comments:

  1. I saw that you won Annie's charity contest... that's awesome that you went up to 100 visits! I've never had that many before - I'm usually between 30 and 40 too.

    Is your baby teething? My babies always had runny noses and low grade fevers when they were getting teeth. I'm sure you've already done this, but have you tried giving your baby a dose of infant's Motrin when you put him down for bed? It's so much better than Tylenol.

    I hope he feels better soon and you get some sleep... I don't do very well on little sleep either... I turn into the wicked witch of the west. Literally. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I once overheard my husband telling someone that our kids were all really good sleepers when they were babies, and were sleeping through the night from a very young age....
    Then I explained that HE was the only one sleeping through the night back then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not surprised that a baby is doing this. They are evil!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sleeping is overrated

    Sleeping is for suckers

    Sleeping is a waste of time

    Sleeping is futile

    This is your new mantra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im here from Annies blog. I think I will stick around though :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you, girlfriend. It was a VERY good thing my daughter is cute the night she puked all over me, my sheets, my bed, and my DRY CLEAN ONLY comforter!

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. well, that's always been my motto.....no mothering until noon. (tee,hee)
    I am so not a morning person either. NEVER have been. I wish I could be, but nope, no hope there.
    Being a mom of sick kids is sooooo hard.
    Take relief in the fact that it never changes...they become Teens and you still don't sleep until you know they are safe and sound at home at night.
    sleep and Mothers was not meant to MIX
    we will have to have a talk about that with the Lord now won't we.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's the awesomest to win something!!!! I hope all the newbies reading your stuff will fall in love with you. I know I am.

    Not sleeping is NOT the awesomest. BOO.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am with you. They should learn to take care of themselves and make their own breakfast by 12 months old.

    And someday when I make the world rules, {if I make it that far up the food chain} that is how it will be. And no bratty kids.

    ReplyDelete

I'm mysteriously judging whether or not you're going to comment or not...you know you want to.