Sunday, July 5, 2009

Celebrate the Good

I love the fourth of July, I really really do. It's always been an enjoyable holiday, I've never had any sort of bad experience. Only happy, only fun.




So it doesn't surprise me when at some point in the evening everything slowed down, I looked around at the smiling adults and the laughing children. The sun was setting and there was a hazy glow over everyone, it felt very much like a dream. A very beautiful dream.

And I felt so peaceful and content. Like I was in such a good place, with good people, and life was good.


Happy Fourth everyone!

8 comments:

  1. Holidays are all about family! Looks like a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww. I love those little moments of warmth and contentment. Glad you had a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love moments like that. If only they happened more often . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. YEA for holidays and getting to see your cute pics with fam!

    And how fun to meet a blogger in REAL life! I love that... and some day we will meet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is how holidays should be felt and spent. ----glad you didn't go to a dumb parade, like the one in West Jordan. sheeeesh

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 4th. Mine was super cool too, glad to hear yours was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pictures of your family is sooo cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We had a sweet, relaxing 4th of July, too. Isn't that what's summer all about?

    Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete

I'm mysteriously judging whether or not you're going to comment or not...you know you want to.