Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Oh you know Oscar Mayer has a way...

Why is it that food you thought was so fantastic when you were a kid is so disgusting now?

Like raisins, you know the ones in the little red box? We used to eat those all the time just for a snack, I wouldn't eat raisins now because chocolate is my snack of choice.

And hot dogs, I mean most people like a hot dog every once in awhile at a barbecue or something, but as a kid, hot dogs are like AWESOME! Not so much anymore.

Or american sliced cheese, yuck. Or corn dogs, similar to hot dogs yes, but seriously corn dogs. Or spaghetti-O's! Seriously disgusting people!!

And the ultimate nasty kid food I can't believe I ate:


BOLOGNA!


Have you eaten bologna lately? I work at a daycare, so I am a connoisseur of these nasty kid foods, most of them I can stomach, you get hungry enough and you will eat it. But bologna? Nope. I can't do it. I try, honestly every time bologna sandwiches come up on the menu I think, "Maybe this time it won't be that bad!" so I take a bite. And then I gag, and then I spit it out. Because GROSS! And what is that ring around the outside anyway?! Nevermind, I don't want to know.

What are some of the kid foods you loved that you can't stand now?

The only thing that is a kid favorite that never gets old is PIZZA, everybody loves PIZZA! :)

(After writing BOLOGNA so many times, I now have the Oscar Mayer song stuck in my head:

My bologna has a first name, its:
O-S-C-A-R

My bologna has a second name, its:
M-A-Y-E-R

Oh I love to eat it everyday, and
if you ask me why I'll saaaaaaaay,
'Cause Oscar Mayer has a way
with B-O-L-O-G-N-A!

14 comments:

  1. I think feeding bologna to kids is considered child abuse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can we still be besties even though I still love all kid food. Except Speghettios. You've got me there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure we can Shellie! We'll just only eat Smart Cookies together--deal?! haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE bologna! No joke! I will eat bologna and cheese and mayo sandwiches, all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um, I have a confession. I really like bologna. It's kind of like comfort food. . . I know. I'm weird.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kraft Macaroni and Cheese is one food that just doesn't cut it for me anymore. When I was a kid I could eat a whole box by myself. Now, ugh, gross...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every now and then I'll try bologna and it's touch and go. Other kid food I can think of is that crazy candy. Not the classics like licorice or candy bars but the weird ones that aren't so popular. I remember eating a small variety as a child and now my kids see the weirdest stuff and beg for it. Then they'll actually eat it if I buy it. Ick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Actually Hot Dogs are probably it. I still like raisans, and I'm not going to lie, I like spaghetti o's.

    Never liked or ate bologna, but I loved that jingle! hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I wish I were an Oscar Mayer weiner, that is what I truly want to be......ew, I hate it all, even as a kid I didn't like most kid food!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah, thanks for the song in my head! Hate bologna, still love mac and cheese, hate hot dogs, how about vienna sausages?

    ReplyDelete
  11. My kids went through a bologna phase a few months ago...I gagged my way through it. That stuff is vile. Gratefully they're onto turkey lunch meat now as their lunch sandwich of choice.

    Twinkies are a childhood food that I don't touch now...although deep fried Twinkies sound fun, maybe just once.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Three words for you:
    Corn
    Dogs
    Rule

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree totally. The only hot dogs I will eat are the really good quality ones that are 100% beef. No "machine-separated meat". Ugh

    ReplyDelete

I'm mysteriously judging whether or not you're going to comment or not...you know you want to.