Saturday, January 24, 2009

Seven Things that Might keep you up at Night?

So I was tagged by Heidi over at DUNHAVEN PLACE. I'm supposed to list seven THINGS about me. Things huh? Well....it seems like I keep telling you random/slightly amusing/weird/scary/not even my mother will love my anymore/I'm ashamed of myself kind of THINGS in just about every post. But since I love talking about me, I'm sure I can come up with a few more! (By the by, the best one of these meme's I've ever read is here, from Seriously Shellie. Oh and by the way, Shellie and I were separated at birth, its a sad, sad story. I'll share it with you some other time...Look forward to THAT post. I'm sure you are, Shellie...haha)

Okay, let the fun begin!!!

1. I'm little. Like 5'2", scrawny, weak, somewhat pathetic, kind of LITTLE. When I was a baby I would projectile vomit all over EVERYTHING! My mom would take like two changes of outfits just to get through church. My parents had crappy insurance at the time and the doctor was like, "She's gooood." (said in the voice of Nacho Libre, if you don't mind.) But I firmly believe that I'm such a runt because I had a stomach problem or something! No one else in my family is this measly.
2. When I was six I took gymnastics. (Oh this one gets WAY better than THAT!) One night on the way to gymnastics right after my younger sister was born, I was in my cute little leotard and we turned a really sharp corner and I hit the door, and the door popped open and I fell out of our moving car. Right on my head. This could go on and on with all the details, but more importantly and to tie in with the one above, I once had a friend's mom ask me if that was why I was so short--BECAUSE I FELL ON MY HEAD. I don't like that lady very much...
3. I'm girly, in the sense that I love clothes and shoes and hair and jewelry. But I'm NOT girly, in the sense that I HATE stupid girly stuff, like gossip and hating girls over guys, back stabbing and just generally being prissy. Don't like that. Plus, I love outdoor things like camping and playing sports and I don't wear make-up usually except to church. Get it? Girly/NOT girly.
4. I've lived in Washington, Utah, California and then back up to Washington. So I say I'm a Washingtonian because I was born there and lived most of my life there, but it would be a lot cooler if I could say I was from Long Beach--woot woot! (Unless you've actually been to Long Beach and then you're thinking, "Honey, thats the ghetto. Compton is a scary scary place!")
5. I think people take themselves too seriously. (Me being one of those "people" sometimes too...) But if you can't have fun and be happy then why do it?! And if you don't know how to take a joke, we most likely won't get along very well. Not that you would know, because I'm super passive aggressive. As in, I would NEVER confront someone willingly or want to get in a fight, but I totally have little man syndrome where I think I'm tough but we all know about the little thing, refer back to #1.
6. I got married when I was 18. And yes, it was for LOVE. I just happened to meet my husband when I was still in high school and engaged the night before I graduated. CRAZY, I KNOW! It didn't seem so crazy when I was a stupid teenager. (Not saying I regret it at ALL) But I do look back and think how immature and naive I was, and people should have given me a little bit of a break! ;)
7. My daughter has one eye thats blue and one eye thats mostly brown/little blue. What? Thats not about me?! Oh, but my eyes are only hazel, thats not interesting! Okay then....the first time I got stitches I was like two. I'm super accident prone, but knock on wood, its been awhile since I've been seriously hurt. (I've had probably 30+ stitches altogether, and dislocated my knee around 8 times) BUT I've never broken a bone! Yay for me!

Okay, thats it! Hopefully you've learned something and you'll still be my friends, or whatever, I guess. Don't start that catty stuff, you know how I hate it! ;)

7 comments:

  1. Wow, I would eat you alive! I'm almost 5'10", and probably way twice as much as you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use to live in Washington too. and I'm #3 with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good stuff to know ....that falling out of the car, maybe not a factor in your height issues, BUT, could explain Other things (tee,hee ha ha) And yes, I agree, Can't take yourself to seriously --HOWEVER WOULD ONE SURVIVE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, you are so clever! But how tall are you? Inquiring minds need to know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Melinda! I came to check out your tag from Heidi. I am 5'2" as well!! Suhweet!! But I didn't projectile vomit as a baby. Sorry! Loved reading about you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dang, so close! I gauge all my friendships on how far they can barf... haha
    Thanks April!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know you lived in Washington Shellie, thats where we were BOTH BORN!! Mwaa hahahahaha Okay, maybe I took it a little too far, are you scared now?:)

    ReplyDelete

I'm mysteriously judging whether or not you're going to comment or not...you know you want to.