Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Because Ditching Class is Fun to Do!

When I was in high school I was a really good kid. Very naive, very innocent. But every once in awhile I went out on a limb, pushed the envelope.

One day, we had a fire drill. Some sort of emergency, where everyone single filed outside and just waited. I was with my best friend and another guy friend of ours, and we decided waiting outside was LAA-ame.

So we ditched class.

Oh yeah, we ditched.

We got in our guy friend's truck, and started driving--FREEEEEDOM! We didn't even know where to go or what to do, but we were driving away, away, away from the dreaded high school.

As we were driving, a guy in a little car came right up behind us fast, right up on our butt. Our friend tapped on his breaks to let him know he was too close. There were two lanes and we were in the right slow lane and the left lane was wide open, the guy was being a jerk.

He didn't like the tapping of the breaks. Not at all.

He zoomed around us and got right in front of us. We were all a little weirded out by it, but figured whatever it was over.

Not so my friends, not so. It was not over.

We got to the stop light, with crazy guy stopped in front of us, we're still on a happy high from skipping class. All of a sudden the guy gets out of his car! I swear on my life, the car raised about five inches--the guy was HUGE.

He shuffled his tree log legs over to us and muttered, "Roll the window down." in a grovelly, menacing voice. My friend rolled his window down all of two inches.

The man proceeded to scream at my friend that he was a punk and he was going to call the police and he was such a little PUNK! We were flabbergasted, and a little confused.

And then he tried to HIT my friend through the little two inch gap!!

It was the weirdest/scariest thing a total stranger has ever done to me (or with me present, I suppose)! Needless to say, we turned around and went back to school.

And I never skipped class again. Let that be a lesson to you.

(Yeah right, I still skipped class plenty of times after that, who am I kidding?!)

6 comments:

  1. I work at the place where the officers take kids they catch sluffing. It's delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I must be the only person I know who never cut a day of school. I think even my twin sister might have done it once.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never cut school....well...I've never done anything interesting while skipping school! That's pretty scary though. Those road rage maniacs need to be controlled. (I am one of them, I think!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crazy. Scary. Good thing it was only a two inch gap.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOU skipped school all the time?!!! I AM SHOCKED, SHOCKED I SAY!!! I only had a half day by the time I or anyone else had a car to skip class so I didn't even care:) Plus I was 18 my whole senior year so I could write myself a note if I needed, ha!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melonhead, you party animal! We'd had great times together! Although I'm afraid I would have been a very BAD influence on you! HA

    ReplyDelete

I'm mysteriously judging whether or not you're going to comment or not...you know you want to.